Saturday, January 19, 2013

Don't make me forget you

Do not make me forget
what I chose to remember
which path walks regret?
through fields or thick timber?
what laws should be broken
those moral or to protect
which lies should be spoken
to love or to neglect
which way should be wounded
and forever left tainted
the one that's familiar
or the one brightly painted
the one that is open
or one so mysterious
the one that is complicated
drunk and delirious
the one that was broken
and twisted and cold
the one that has promised its
love to grow old
oh, can you distinguish
one heart from the other
in this agony wishes
to drown and to smother

confused and comfounded
cant see right ahead
sore wings, I am grounded
things looked in my head

I can say, "I don't want this."
this thing that I seize
I can say, "I won't miss this."
this desired disease

Don't make me forget
what I chose to keep sacred
Don't make me leave heaven
for the hell that I bled




No comments:

Post a Comment